Courtney was sick this weekend, so the Goose and I went to the first event on the list alone. For those of you who have never had the lovely opportunity to visit Myton, UT, don't sweat it--you aren't missing much. Myton is a bend in the road with a busy gas station on the highway, a bunch of trailers, a handfull of houses, and an elementary school. We showed up at the park and saw a car show of less than 20 cars and as many people playing horseshoes in a line of pits. Music straight out of the 70s was playing on some loudspeakers, and there was no shade. The playground at the park is old and metal and really not that great, and Lucy did not want to touch any of it. We walked down an alleyway full of cars to a grassy area behind the pizza place and found a stage whereon the talent show would be take place later that night, six booths (one for handmade wooden toys, one for those silly froo-froo dresses and jewelry, one selling snow cones, two selling waters and sodas, and one inviting people to the Myton Presbyterian Young Adult group. There was also a small area with some games for kids (buy the tickets, play the game, get silly prizes), and by some I mean three (four if you count the four square feet of hay I saw some kid rolling around in, but I think that was free). I wasn't too impressed (although there was a little more shade), nor was the Goose, so we went home. I tried to get a picture of the Goose, but she ran away every time I tried, so I took a couple of pictures from the car before we left.
Here's the car show
Here's the rest of the car show. I was actually trying to take a picture of the guys playing horseshoes but this guy went driving his Impala across the lawn.
After walking around without any shade we hit the pool in the back of the house.
Bonus Picture: The Goose wanted a bow in her hair this morning, then said, "More" when I finished the first one, so I just put in all of them.


No comments:
Post a Comment